Review of Windows System Programming, 4th Ed Posted

Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Windows System Programming, 4th Ed by Johnson M. Hart. Addison-Wesley provided a free review copy. From the review:

I read Windows System Programming, 4th Ed (WSP4E) by Johnson M. Hart after finishing Windows via C/C++, 5th Ed (WVCP5E) by Richter and Nasarre. While I liked WVCP5E, I found WSP4E to be the better book for the sort of understanding I was trying to achieve. I'm not a professional Windows programmer, but I wanted to learn more about how Windows works. Hart's book did the trick, especially for a person like me with more of a Unix background. If you want to better know how to program on Windows, and specifically recognize differences among using the C libraries, the Windows API, and Windows "convenience functions," WSP4E is the book for you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics