Review of Beginning Visual C++ 2010 Posted

Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Beginning Visual C++ 2010 by Ivor Horton. Wrox provided a free review copy. From the review:

I read Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010 (BVCP2) to gain some familiarity with the C++ programming language. Prior to this book I read Mr Horton's Beginning C book. Between the two books, I hoped to learn enough about C and C++ to prepare me to read a third book titled Windows via C/C++, 5th Ed by Richter and Nasarre. As a security professional, being able to grasp the essence of C and C++ as they are used in Windows helps me understand security advisories and related discussion of vulnerabilities in exploits. BVCP2 is a great book for a person like me, but it also appears to be the right book for someone who wants to become a legitimate C++ for Windows programmer. I highly recommend it to both sorts of readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics