Article on IPS Evaluations

Thanks to Ronaldo Vasconcellos for pointing me towards What to ask when evaluating intrusion prevention systems. This is an interview with Bob Walder of the NSS Group. I agree with the conclusion of the article:

"I can't stress enough the need for a thorough bake-off in your own network. It's likely to be very different from a test lab environment and may throw up some very interesting challenges for the vendors."

I provided inputs to an IPS test done by a partner company. I would be happy to conduct thorough IDS, IPS, or firewall testing for your environment too! Send an email to richard at taosecurity dot com if you are interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics